Monday, August 3, 2009

Matchbook Calendar, Post It Holder & Business Card



I found this idea here and rather than waiting for an order to come in, I decided to come up with my own template.

Start with cardstock (or I used the chipboard from a pack of DSP to make it sturdier) 3 1/2 X 7 3/4, score at 2 7/8, 3 3/8, 6 1/2, 7. Here is the template for the calendar, I simply used the Crop-A-Dile to punch holes in top of the calendar and secured with two brads. Then mount the calendar to a piece of cardstock 3 3/8 X 2 5/8 and adhere with sticky strip. I had to "shave" a few sticky notes off the top to get a perfect fit and then attached using sticky strip. You can decorate the outside to your liking.

I plan to include this in a "tricky tray" auction for our church this weekend.

2 comments:

mjjjjtw said...

I want to Thank You for showing us such a Great Project! I think it would make a Great Gift and you made it easier for us by sharing your pattern. I looked through your blog and you have many Great Ideas and I want to Thank You again for sharing with us. Jayne

Ellis said...

Where did you find those cute little monthly pages? I'm needing to make matchbook calendars for a family reunion and can't find 2012 calendars that small! Help!
Linda W.